Thursday, December 9, 2010

To Bring In A Playmate or Not To Bring In A Playmate: That Is The Question

I belong to an online network of dog lovers and today one of my community members posed the question, "I just took in a rescue dog that isn't very well socialized.  Should I get another dog to socialize this one?"

I'd love to hear what you think about this.


Here's what I think.   I don't think she should.  What if the two dogs don't, or can't, get along. That's not fair to either one of them.  Instead I would seek a dog training facility that has socialization classes for dogs.  The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul has an excellent facility with a great track record of this type of training. It's called The Canine Coach.  If you live in another city and have first hand knowledge of a training facility that works with socializing dogs, please post a link in the Comment Section below, along with your thoughts on how you would suggest she handle her dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment